Thursday, October 3, 2013

Update #11: I Could Use a Break

Hey Y'all! 
How y'all doing, y'all? 
I hope whatever book you're reading is bringing an immense amount of joy to you life, day, hour, whatever. 

Since I last updated, I had a couple weeks to myself before I started my third year at college. I'm five weeks in and I want O-U-T, immediately. I have been going nonstop. I feel like half of me is an unstoppable force and the other half is an immoveable object. Every day that passes reminds me of my first year of college and how much I hated everyone and everything. But I keep reminding myself that I've made it this far, I can't give up now. No retreat, no surrender! 

However, I'm barely making it through. I'm taking five classes this semester; I hate all of them except one. Seriously ALL of them except one. Can you tell I'm excited to graduate? 
Well, as this is a blog about books and not a blog in which I complain about college, let's talk books. Because of school I'm behind on my reading list. I sadly, sadly only read three books in September. Not including The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde which I had to read for class, but only read half. I hate reading books for class. I wanted to read The Picture of Dorian Gray too, but I found it incredibly boring. Maybe I'll read it, for real, in ten years. 

I'm slowly catching up on my reading now. I'm reading two books that were on my September reading list now as I wait for my October reading list books to be ready for me to check out at the library. At first I was reading two books at the same time, but I think reading one wholly and completely is better than reading two at the same time and not getting a real feel for the books. One of the books is a quick read and I hope to finish it by the end of the week. However, there just aren't enough hours in the day. Every day I feel like my subway ride gets shorter and shorter. And when I get home I can't lie down on my bed, read and listen to music because I'm busy writing. I'm currently writing for two classes and a separate project for myself. Not to mention I have over two page essays due by the end of the semester, December, in two classes and I want to get a head start on those. So I'm up all hours of the night writing and planning when I can read next. It's not ideal, but it's real and I have to deal. (The cheesy rhyme is because I'm extremely tired while I write this. Please excuse.)

The good news is that I am finally starting Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire series aka The Sookie Stackhouse series! (Isn't it hilarious that the series is really called Southern Vampire series? With that name, I hope they're not romance novels. What have I gotten myself into?) I figured since it's October, it was fitting to start the series now. I'm so excited to read them. I hope I can finish them before the new season on True Blood next summer. Hey, I guess that's my first goal for 2014! I can't wait. 
I'm counting down the days until Thanksgiving vacation when I'll have a whole TWO days to read. That's a luxury considering my days now. 

I will not falter with posting on this blog though. I made a promise to myself that I'd have four posts every month until the end of the year. It's a bit of a burden considering everything I just rambled about, but if I accomplish nothing else this year, at this I'll have that. 

And thus concludes my update! I'll be back next week! 
Until then: 
Just Keep Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment