Saturday, July 12, 2014

Reading List!: Summer 2014

Summer is the perfect time for me to catch up on my reading and do a whole lot of it. There aren't many TV shows to watch, I don't have to go to class and it's a great pass time for my six and a half hour shift at work. I have all the free time in the world! Even with the 2014 World Cup happening (GO GERMANY!!!), I read in between waiting for the next game. I don't have a goal of how many books I want to read this summer (and I definitely didn't think to have one until now), but I do still have a list of novels I want to cross off my list.


For me, summer has been well underway. I finished school on the first of May and have been on vacation ever since. So this list is a little late, but y'all know my struggle. (Even though I'm not taking a summer class, I still have "homework" as I'm working on my thesis for my last year in college.) Anyway, despite all that, I've powered through and managed to read three books so far. You would think with all the time I've had it'd be more than that, but after reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, it took a month for my tears to dry. I'm not over it and it sometimes hits me when I'm sitting on the subway, but I've gotten back on track!

Here's my summer reading list for Summer 2014:

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Paper Towns by John Green
Teen Angst? Naaah by Ned Vizzini
The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta
The Other Normals By Ned Vizzini
Size 12 and Ready to Rock by Meg Cabot
The Bride Wore Size 12 by Meg Cabot 

This list is sort of in the order of how I'm going to read them. I may read the two Meg Cabot novels after The Leftovers because I just discovered that there are two more books (those books) in the Heather Wells mystery series. I read the series in order back in April and thought I had finished it. But upon further research for what other books to read, I discovered the series is far from over for me. I am SO excited. I thought my life was over when I finished the third book and now I find out there are two more?! Where have these books been hiding!!! I love Meg Cabot. Also, I'm the worst and I'm putting off reading the Sookie Stackhouse series until the fall/winter. I figure I can curl up with the semi-romance novel series and it'll keep me warm (in more ways than one, haha).

I am FIRED UP to read all these books. I've already finished three (The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, Paper Towns by John Green and Teen Angst? Naaah by Ned Vizzini) and started The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp. I'm on my way! Wooo!

What are you reading this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment