Friday, June 20, 2014

Hello Again!

When I titled the last post: "Don't Call It A Comeback",  I thought I was mostly joking; I didn't think I was going to go ghost for over TWO MONTHS.




Hello loyal readers of Lectionem Monstrum!!! I want to THANK YOU immensely if you've waited out the two months for me to come back. I didn't realize I was so good at disappearing acts. If only I could pull this off in real life... Are you even interested in what I've been doing for the past two months? I'm going to tell you anyway. Forgive me for everything.

So, it's not that I've stopped reading books, stopped liking writing about reading books or just quit completely. The time hasn't come for any of those. I've been SO busy since my last post. I know that's the typical excuse whenever someone abandons their online life, but I really have been busy in the real world. If you didn't know, this coming September I'll be entering my last year of college (a mixture of excitement, nervousness and anxiety) which means I'll be thesis and writing a thesis (a feature length script aka ninety plus pages). It's a lot of pressure and the preparation starts NOW. It's taken priority over pretty much everything in my life, even sleeping! I haven't taken a nap since the year ended because I'm always thinking of ideas for my thesis. I've also just been doing me, taking a break from everything. I started back exercising and taking cold showers. Not because I need to tame any sexual thoughts, but because cold showers are good for your hair, skin and not to mention a little thing called the environment. Exercising is not only improving my physique, but it also helps me think about ideas for my thesis! (Can you tell I've got thesis on the brain?) I'm not going to lie to you, I've also gotten really distracted by rewatching TV shows and the 2014 World Cup started.

I did manage to read two books during the months I was out though. I read The Fault in Our Stars and Paper Towns both by John Green. And yes, I saw The Fault in Our Stars (2014) and I liked it, but of course the book was better! Hopefully, I can get my hands on the script and then I'll have a Novel Adaption post for y'all. I do have a new post featuring The Fault in Our Stars, the novel, coming up. Stay tuned! I loved both The Fault in Our Stars and Paper Towns and I highly recommend you read both. Especially read The Fault in Our Stars before seeing the film. So fear not that I have fallen out of love with books! I had planned to reread Diary by Chuck Palahniuk, but The Fault in Our Stars left me emotionally drained and I needed to recuperate. I still haven't gotten around to reading the Sookie Stackhouse series and True Blood is back this Sunday (the FINAL season! *endless tears*) so I'll just push it off further. I just checked out Teen Angst? Naaah by the late, great Ned Vizzini from the library. I'm excited to read that, he was such a talented writer. (RIP). After I finish Teen Angst? Naaah (it's a short book), I'm not sure what I'll read next. I have a list of books I want to read, but nothing seems to grab me at the moment. Maybe once I finish Teen Angst? Naaah I'll have a new book in mind. Of course I'm always open to your suggestions. Send them to me at lectionemmonstrum@gmail.com! I think I'll read another Jonathan Tropper novel. I don't know.

I've also started to build my collection of books I want to own! I have a draft of a post about the books I need to own, that I never published for some reason. I'll post that real soon, but I'm happy to announce I bought The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald! I can cross those two off my list. However, like my Netflix queue, the list keeps growing. Another Books I Need to Own post is definitely coming up. Get hyped!

Anyway, I'm not promising a post a week like I did last year, but I will try VERY hard to post more regularly. I'm excited to get back into the flow of posting on this blog and I hope you are too! (Did I say that in the last post? Have I jinxed myself?! Again?!)

As always, Just Keep Reading and send me book suggestions and what you've been reading at lectionemmonstrum@gmail.com!

Until the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment