Friday, September 18, 2015

Reading List!: September 2015

September is all about from print to screen. 

Novels have always been great source material for Hollywood. The Harry Potter series (2001-2011), The Fault in Our Stars (2014), Silver Linings Playbook (2013), 12 Years a Slave (2013), The DUFF (2015), This Is Where I Leave You (2014). The list goes on and on and on and on till the break of dawn. You may even be surprised to find out some of your favorite films are adaptations. I know I've been in that position.

Well, this year in Hollywood is no different. Some of the films I want to see are all based on books. So I took it upon myself to read the novel before seeing the film. I've done this plenty of times. Here and here (although these are TV shows). I even have an ongoing series here on Pulled From the Bookshelf about novel vs script called Novel Adaptation. Check out some of the posts by searching Novel Adaptation on this blog. I love reading the source material of films based on books. Not only so I can see/complain about the differences, but also so I can see the different interpretations. I've mentioned before in a post that I took an adaptation class my sophomore year of college. I didn't like it, but I'm still a huge fan of adaptations.

And now without further ado, here is my September 2015 reading list!

Room by Emma Donoghue
Big Fish: A novel of mythic proportions by Daniel Wallace
Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon

Apologies for the shitty pic!
I had planned to read Kill Your Friends by John Niven, but I don't think I will get it in time to read it in September. 

Check out the IMDb pages for Room, Big Fish, Kill Your Friends and Inherent Vice

I hope to get my hands on these scripts and write some Novel Adaptation posts for you in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment