Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Update #15

Hey loyal readers! It's time for an update!

I had some time off during the end of August (twenty-one days to be exact) and I'm more than thankful for those blissful three weeks. During the last couple of weeks, I found myself reading in bed a lot. I was no longer taking the subway regularly and didn't want to waste precious time not reading. I got most of my reading done at 3am. I'd like to say I was up all hours of the night because I had a lot on my mind, but the truth is I took plenty of naps so my sleep schedule was wonky. I read until I felt a little sleepy and I managed to finish two books in less than five days. That's a feat for me as it takes me forever to read because I would only read on my way to school or work. I have to say I really missed reading in bed. It's quite a cozy feeling. I go out in any type of weather (except rain) so I cozy up to a good book in any type of weather-- not just in the winter like most people. 

Meanwhile, I'm not sure I want to read the Sookie Stackhouse series anymore. True Blood just ended and I kind of only want to have the HBO version in my memory forever. I know I was so excited to read it for months, but not so much anymore. I'm just not that into romance novels. I read a lot of Meg Cabot, she writes a lot of romance into her books and that's enough for me. Maybe I'll change my mind in a couple of months and read the series, but for now I'm not going to.

As for what I'm reading now? I'm currently waiting for a bunch of books I requested to be available for me to check out at my local library. I'll probably do a Reading List post as soon as I check out all the books. I'm so excited to read new books! Although, I probably won't be reading at 3am anymore. Unfortunately school started and I need all the rest I can get for the long, trying days ahead. 

What are you reading? Would you like to send me any suggestions? Email me at pullfromthebookshelf@gmail.com! 

No comments:

Post a Comment