Saturday, November 16, 2013

Update #12

I thought it was frustrating (and I still am frustrated) when I couldn't find the final book of the Sophie Katz mystery series by Kyra Davis at the library, but I've found a new reason to be even more frustrated.

Last week I requested a book that claimed to have plays by Tennessee Williams. My intention was to read A Streetcar Named Desire and it was convenient to have other Tennessee Williams plays in the same books. However, I checked the book out of the library, only to discover that it only contains Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. I even double checked to see if I had flipped through the pages too quickly, I didn't. Now I have to return the book because at the moment I'm not ready to read Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. It may seem like a trivial reason to be upset, but I never read A Streetcar Named Desire in high school and I'd like to read the play before I see the 1951 film. I'm just going to find it online; thank glob for the internet.

On the other hand, I'm really enjoying reading Naked by David Sedaris. I think that's the only book on my November reading list that I'm actually reading. (There will be a review of Naked soon.) I decided that I'm not going to finish that book I've been assigned in my class. I saw some girl brought it into class and it's a thick book; I'm not even interested in the plot. I also returned all the Sookie Stackhouse novels I checked out. I've had them for weeks and I never opened them; I just haven't had the time. I'm really not happy about that. I'm sorry that post was such a total lie. Here's an updated version:

Naked by David Sedaris
Doomed by Chuck Palahniuk 
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

I'm most excited to read Doomed by Chuck Palahniuk; it's the sequel to Damned which I absolutely love! Check out my review! If I finish these novels quickly, maybe I can fit in three extra books into the month. Here's hoping!

Anyway, wish me luck with my reading quest as I wish you luck in your reading and everything else in your life. Hopefully it's not as hectic as mine.

Just Keep Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment