Monday, May 20, 2013

Drive, Driven & Planks A Lot





I haven't done one of these posts in months! I was suddenly inspired when I decided to paint my nails purple this week.

This shade of purple, Planks A Lot by OPI, is my favorite shade of purple. In some lights it's a dusty periwinkle purple, then a creamy deep lilac. I'm buying another couple of bottles so I never run out of it. Real talk though!

I decided to pair it with Drive and Driven both by James Sallis because I liked the contrast of the dark cover art and the deep purple. Planks A Lot gives a little bit of a pop to a mysterious story and narrator while staying ambiguous as it changes in certain lights. I really like the similarity between the protagonist in Drive and the color-shifting of Planks A Lot. It's a great morph.

I'm really excited to read these novels and stare at my nails!

Look out for a Novel Adaptation post about Drive (2007) and Drive (2011).

No comments:

Post a Comment