Monday, February 25, 2013

Next On My Book List

I was thrown into a (F. Scott) Fit(zgerald) at the library, went a smidge crazy and checked out three of his novels. The last F. Scott Fitzgerald novel I read, The Beautiful and Damned, was not my favorite, but I didn't give up hope! I'm a fan of Mr. F. Scott and I want to read his other works. So I'm taking a month long break from Chuck Palahniuk to read these three books. Fitzgerald is an excellent writer and I always see these novels being mentioned on TV shows and other works of fiction. Now I'll get the references when I see more. This is going to be a fun month! Maybe F. Scott Fitzgerald should be the next author whose novels I marathon read.

This Side of Paradise
Tender is the Night
The Basil and Josephine Stories

I'm probably not going to write individual reviews for these novels. I might do a F. Scott Fitzgerald masterpost. It depends on what reviews you want to read.

I recommend all these novels because F. Scott Fitzgerald is a brilliant writer. And if you haven't already read it in a high school English class, read The Great Gatsby. I also recommend The Beautiful and Damned even though I didn't like it; maybe you will. There's also a book of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and other short stories he wrote.

Enjoy! I know I am!

P.S.: I hope you got my pun at the beginning of this post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment