Thursday, September 27, 2012

Guilty Pleasure Literature

You know how some people consider watching Jersey Shore or The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills a "guilty pleasure"? I've been wondering, can the same be applied to reading books?

Are there any books or authors you read that you consider a guilty pleasure of yours?

Personally, I'm not ashamed of any book that I read so I don't have any guilty pleasure books. I will occasionally read a book with a strong female lead who has her love interest and whatnot. But I won't try to hide the fact that I'm reading a book like that. Recently I've learned books like that are categorized as "Chick Lit". I've never heard that before. It kind of reminded me of the term "Chick Flicks".

I would consider romance novels as the top guilty pleasure books for anyone. If I had to pick a guilty pleasure book it'd probably be a romance novel. I've never read an actual romance novel before though. They just don't interest me.

Chick lit, romance novel, trashy magazine... What's your poison when it comes to guilty pleasure literature?

No comments:

Post a Comment