Thursday, May 21, 2015

Welcome to Wayward Pines

Wayward PinesThe Series Review
Population: YOU 


I first discovered Wayward Pines from Fox. I watched a trailer for the "ten episode event" and was hooked. I loved all the talent in the series and I couldn't wait. I really couldn't wait because I searched the internet for any inkling of when the series would premiere and just more information about it. That's where I discovered it was adapted and further research I discovered it was a series! I love book series especially mystery series. So Wayward Pines hooked me from the start. After waiting for what felt like a year, I finally got my hands on the series and finished all of them before the second episode of the event. My goal was to finish before the first episode, but I saw the first episode early anyway and I got distracted the week of the premiere. Meanwhile I could've finished at anytime because I'm never worried about spoilers because adaptation are just that, adaptations. Sometimes they're different in a way I enjoy.

I was more than pleasantly surprised to read that Blake Crouch was inspired mostly by Twin Peaks (1990-1991) and thus Wayward Pines was born. He calls it a cross between Twin Peaks and The X-Files. Two shows available on Netflix and that I've watched. I adored Twin Peaks, the not as exceptional second season and all.

Here's my quick reviews of the series in order.


Pines: The brilliant introduction to Wayward Pines, Idaho. Just when I thought any action in the book was going to spoiled by the trailer I watched all those months ago, Crouch manages to pull the rug from under you. It was super hard for me to put this book down and do things I needed to do like eat and sleep. I'm so GLAD I didn't have to wait long for the second novel to be available for me to read.

Wayward: Just when you think Crouch painted himself into a corner, where could he go from Pines? How can he top himself?, he manages to plant a murder in this town. And I was attached at the hands to this novel.








The Last Town: Not my favorite. The weakest of the series. Although the ending was oddly satisfying.















If you want to learn more and agree with my opinion on how phenomenal these books are, you'll have to read the series yourself. I HIGHLY recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment