Saturday, April 25, 2015

A New Chapter

I HAVE RETURNED 

It's no big secret I've been MIA for almost six months. I have a grocery list of reasons for my absence, the number one being I've been working very hard on my thesis. I honestly just found time to start my reading habit again. And also, if I can continue to be candid, I did enjoy the time away I had from this blog. Over the three years I've had this blog, I may not have posted a lot, but I've written a ton in those posts. It takes energy and positive vibes to create content I'm happy with and want to share. I never want this blog to be work and I never want to publish subpar posts. Everyone needs a break now and then, so forgive me in advance if I take another loooooong break.

In other most excellent news, I FINALLY got my hands on Blake Crouch's Wayward Pines series! Feels like I've been wanting to read this series for a year. At the end of 2014, I couldn't even request the book from my local library and I thought all hope was lost. But I was blessed the day I got an email about Pines being ready for me to pick up and nearly a week later, I finished it and had the second novel in the series, Wayward, in my eager hands. To say I thoroughly enjoyed Pines is an understatement, but I did! I've only read three books so far this year, one of which I did not enjoy at all and one I liked a lot. But Pines was the change in the game! I'm thinking about reviewing the series; maybe a quick post including all three of them. If I decide to do that, I'm not sure when it will come out because the final book is taking forever to come to my library. I fear I may not finish the whole series before May 14th, when the "Ten episode event" on Fox premieres. I am VERY curious to see what the writers and producers decided to do for the series. Will they burn through the first novel, Pines, like HBO did with The Leftovers? Or will all ten episodes include elements from all three books? That's why I want to finish the series before May 14th. Sidenote: I love adaptations because it's a combination of both my favorite storytelling mediums, novels and films/TV shows.

Anyway, I don't want this Return of the Jedi post to turn into me fangirling over Wayward Pines. I will save that for my review post, whenever it gets published.  The last I will mention about Wayward Pines is that I'm currently rapidly reading Wayward, the second novel in the three novel series. Although I'm sure I already mentioned that in the previous paragraph. I just wanted to say it again. Wayward Pines!

I don't have a plan this year, no reading goal. I just want to read as much as I can and enjoy the books. Considering I started off the year in a two month hole (of not reading anything) and then read a book I didn't completely enjoy, all I can ask from myself is to read and be delighted by the books. I have a some novels I want to read this year and depending on where my life takes me, I may finally be able to finish the Sophie Katz mystery series by Kyra Davis.

Expect semi regular posting starting today. I'm still in the throngs of my final year of school, preparing for life after and graduation. I may still be slow on the uptake, but the posts are coming! As always, email me any and all suggestions for posts or books you want me to read at pulledfromthebookshelf@gmail.com.

I hope you caught up and read all the books I've written about here while I was away! What are you reading now?

Feels good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment